The Czech Society for Mechanics decided to institute a prize named
Z.P. Bazant Prize for Engineering Mechanics
The Prize is given annually and includes a monetary award of 1200 USD. The charter of the prize is attached.
Dr. Zdenek P. Bazant, McCormick Institute Professor at Northwestern University, Evanston, member of NAS, NAE and AAAS, and a famous alumnus of CTU in Prague.
Statutes of the Z.P. Bažant Prize for Engineering
- 1. The Z.P. Bažant Prize for Engineering Mechanics is awarded annually by the Czech Society for Mechanics (CSM).
- 2. Competition runs for one single prize accompanied by a financial reward 1200 USD. The prize is awarded for an article or a series of articles on an original topic, a book, a monograph, or a PhD thesis, written in Czech or English. To assess the impact, a work published several years before the submission is optimal.
- 3. The submitted work is required to report original findings in mechanics, results of interdisciplinary research, or results that make or promise progress in engineering practice. Both theoretical and experimental studies are eligible, especially their combination. Excluded are formalistic generalizations, refinements or embellishments without evident contribution to mechanics per se.
- 4. The candidate, nominated by a learned colleague or by a domestic or foreign institution, must either be a Czech living anywhere or a foreigner living in the Czech Republic at the time of work inception. There is no age restriction. The candidate must declare all the previous awards that he or she might have received for the submitted work. Based on their nature, the Selection Committee may or may not disqualify the candidate.
- 5. The Selection Committee is proposed by the CSM Board and appointed by the CSM President.
Proposals are to be sent toCzech Society for Mechanics,
Dolejskova 5, 182 00 Prague 8,
the Czech Republic
phone: +420 266 053 045, e-mail: email@example.com, web: www.csm.cz
Deadline: December 31 of the current year.
Results of the competition
The Czech Society for Mechanics awarded in 2011 prize named Statutes of the Z.P. Bažant Prize for EngineeringDOC
Entry form for the “Z.P. Bazant Prize for engineering mechanics” competition - DOC