Czech Society for Mechanics
The objective of the Society
- To support the development of mechanics by promoting fundamental research and enginneering applications and disseminating new concepts among the mechanical community.
- To guide the Society members to major problem solving.
- To develop prognostic activities and to organise, deepen and coordinate cooperation of our members.
- To provide assistance to Society members in their specialised activities.
- To raise the expertise level of Society members providing information about the state of the art in the field.
- To contribute to raising the level of expertise of novices.
- To furnish specialized establishments with new ideas and impulses.
Information about CSM
In the interests of the development of the field of mechanics, the Czech Society of Mechanics was established on the 31st of March 1966.
The Statutes of the Society
The Society is non-governmental non-profit scientific organization. It was established according to the Law of Associating of Citizens No. 83 of 27.3.1990 and is at the same time a legal entity. The Society is governed by the Corporation Charter and electoral system.
Expected events and topics
Hotel Dvořák, Tábor, Czech Republic, June 4-7, 2012.more…
30th of May 2012 ÷ 2nd of June 2012
Turbulence in (normal) fluids
Lecturer: Doc. Ing. Václav Uruba, CSc.
Date: February 21, 2011 (Monday), 14:00-15:00, Location: UK MFF, seminary room KFNT, no. C 126, 2nd floor building C (Kryopavilon), V Holešovičkách 2, Praha 8
Turbulence will be introduced as the typical state of real flowing viscous fluids (historical overview). Attributes of turbulence will be presented (diffusivity, deterministic chaos, fractal structure…). A mathematical model will be introduced and its basic properties will be shown including the Kolmogorov theory. Then a few phenomenological aspects will demonstrate the typical features of the phenomenon (stability, complexity…).